CBD edibles like gummies and chocolates are popular among users. This is because they offer a convenient way to experience CBD health benefits when compared to other cannabidiol products like oils and tinctures. They are used by beginners as well as experienced users for medical and recreational purposes. Also, they are available in different forms and flavors, and this makes them quite attractive. Read on to know more about CBD edibles and their making.
What Are CBD Edibles?
CBD edibles include food and drink that are enriched with cannabidiol, and the legally available ones are made using extracts of hemp plant strains that have less than 0.3% THC. Also, their popularity has been steadily rising as more people are preferring them. This is because they have a better flavor than the earthy taste of CBD oils and tinctures.
There are mainly two types of CBD edibles available in the market:
- CBD Dominant Edibles: This type of edible is made using hemp plant extracts, and they are legally available in pharmacies, supermarkets, and grocery stores.
- CBD/THC Balanced Edibles: In this type of edible, both CBD and THC are present in equal amounts. Often, they are made using marijuana, and because of this, they are illegal in states where cannabis or marijuana are banned.
So, when buying CBD gummies or chocolates, you must check their THC content, and ensure that hemp-derived CBD products are legal in your state. You must be particularly careful about this point when you are buying them online.
How Are CBD Edibles Made?
There are three distinct types of CBD edibles, and this depends on the type of cannabidiol extract used for making them.
- Full-Spectrum CBD Edibles: These edibles are made using full-spectrum hemp extracts that contain the full spectrum of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids naturally present in the hemp plant. This means that it contains THC and hence is not suitable for those who do not want to test positive in drug screening tests.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD Edibles: These are made using hemp extracts that are processed to remove THC. So, it is suitable for all and is one of the most widely consumed cannabidiol edibles.
- CBD Isolate Edibles: These are made using CBD isolate, i.e. 99% pure CBD. It does not contain other cannabinoids and terpenes naturally found in the hemp plant. So, it does not have the benefit of the entourage effect. It is suitable for those who want to experience pure CBD health benefits.
These are some of the important points that you must bear in mind when using CBD edibles for medical or recreational purposes.