The hemp-derived cannabinoid cannabidiol CBD is popular among fitness enthusiasts due to its many potential health benefits. For example, it can be used for easing the indicators of several ailments like pain, inflammation, stress, etc. The other major reason that it is well known is that, unlike its isomer THC, CBD is not psychotropic. Health and wellness products made using it are available in different forms like oils, tinctures, capsules, gummies, beverages, vape oils, creams, balms, and so on. This article sheds light on how CBD gets from farm to bottle.
What Is CBD Oil?
Among the different types of cannabidiol products, CBD oil or high-grade hemp CBD oil is the most popular one. This is because it can be taken in different ways, i.e., swallowed directly, in the form of pills, added as an active ingredient into edibles and beverages, etc. Also, there are three different varieties of CBD oil, and they are the following: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and pure CBD.
Where Does CBD Oil Come From?
Legally available CBD oil is produced using the cannabidiol-rich flowers and buds of hemp plant strains that contain a maximum of 0.3% THC. This will keep you from getting high. You must also know that CBD oil can also be produced from the marijuana plant, but it is illegal because its THC content is above the legally permissible limit. Finally, you must keep in mind that CBD oil is not the same as hemp oil because the latter is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant which does not contain cannabidiol.
How Is The Extraction Of CBD Carried Out?
- The hemp plants are tested to ensure that the plants are free from biological contaminants.
- The harvested CBD-rich hemp plant parts are dried on the farm before they are shipped to the lab.
- The dried hemp plant parts are placed in an extraction chamber filled with a solvent. High-grade hemp CBD oil manufacturers use supercritical CO2 for extracting CBD. This method is safe because the final product is toxic-free.
- The extract is filtered through multiple stages for ensuring that there is no unwanted plant material and compound in the final product.
- The refined products are separated into batches and undergo different tests to ensure that they do not contain heavy metals, pesticides, microbial contaminants, and residual solvents.
- The quality tested and approved CBD oil is finally packed into standard-sized bottles.
- To get the maximum benefits from using CBD oil, use a high-quality product from a reputed cannabidiol manufacturer.